Sunday, December 9, 2012

Last week before finals...

The week before finals is definitely the most stressful week every semester. But it's hard to blame professors for having end-of-the-semester projects due at the end of the semester.

Not only are we up all night finishing the papers we have procrastinated working on for the entire semester, but sometimes we have up to five different classes to cram for.  I can only imagine how much sales for coffee and energy drinks spike up because of sleep-deprived  college students.

Luckily, Rockhurst extends their library hours until 1 a.m. for us and even provides midnight snacks. THAT I can at least look forward to this week! College students LOVE free food.

In other news, I received the honor of sitting on a student panel for our Rockhurst Board of Trustees during their meeting. I'm always so humbled by the quality of students that accompany me at Rockhurst. We all brought great feedback to the table and it was great to see that the trustees really wanted to hear what we had to say.

Finally, I was able to see the "A Christmas Carol" at the KC Repertory Theater which is conveniently located across the street inside UMKC's campus. I had a blast and it helped me sit back and relax just before a stressful week. Below is a picture of me sitting at the Cratchit table just before the play.

Good luck to everyone on their finals and I'll see you next week after all the madness is over!


No comments:

Post a Comment