Sunday, March 31, 2013

Life takes off so fast...

With the new direction my life has taken in just the last few weeks, it's hard not to feel like I'm walking on Cloud 9.

A few weeks ago I learned that I had been accepted to my top three law schools. Just last Friday I learned that UMKC's School of Law was offering me a full fee scholarship that was renewable for three years and this week I mailed the letter that sealed my future with UMKC.

It has been an incredibly humbling experience for me and my family. Not only do I have the opportunity to minimalist the cost of law school, but I have the perfect opportunity to be a leader for my community. I have been reminded of something I learned in my leadership class while we were studying the Jesuits last semester: we are leaders and we are leading all the time.

Whether or not I am working towards finishing law school to have a better future for myself or going through law school to further my education, my action have the potential to affect someone else's life. I see my accomplishments as confirmation for other students that have similar dreams. It also motivates me to be a leader even while I am a student.

I am very thankful for this new opportunity and I definitely hope to inspire someone through my accomplishments.






No comments:

Post a Comment