Monday, March 11, 2013

The moment' I've been waiting for...

Snow, Facebook, shoveling, aches, hot chocolate, CABIN FEVER, shoveling...

Those words can all be used to describe what the week before Spring Break was like and I'm definitely grateful that our break came with incredible news:

All in the same day, within 30 minutes of one another, I had received the news that I had been accepted to my top two schools!

I can't explain the joy that I felt as I read those e-mails over and over. I had done it, I had been accepted. 

The first thing I did was called my dad. 

I fought back tears of joy as I told him that not only had I been accepted, but that both schools were planning to offer me scholarships. I felt confident about the applications and I was relieved to finally be in the negotiating stages of the admissions process. 

I finally felt the sense of security about my future that I had been longing for. I can remember reminiscing about all of the moments in my life that have led me to this moment. All of the hours of volunteering, organizing, planning, studying... it had all paid off. 

I went into work that day and gave my boss and co-workers the good news. We celebrated over a delicious lunch and the law school advice started pouring in from the attorneys, "The trick to law school is highlighting." 

"Three hours of sleep is the norm, four hours of sleep is incredible and six hours of sleep is a dream."

I obviously have a lot of preparing to do. Law school is supposed to be a whole 'nother animal, but I can't help but be naive about it for now. I'm looking forward to reading about cases and learning about procedures. 

For now, all I want to think about is that I've done it. I've been accepted to law school and in two months I'll be a college graduate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment