Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring is coming around!

Rockhurst is once again covered in beautiful blooming tulips. The trees are beginning to look green and the squirrels are beginning to roam the campus again! Hopefully we have seen the last bit of cold weather because I am definitely ready to ditch my coats for my colorful cardigans.

This past weekend my family took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed down to Loose Park, just past the plaza, and held a nice picnic. It is a park that many Rockhurst students visit because it is so close to campus and it is a beautiful and safe place for a run. The park includes a picnic area, small lake and even a tree-climbing area. Below are actually two pictures from a trip a group of friends made to Loose Park a while back. In the first, I can be seen bravely climbing an obviously dangerously tall tree (clearly!) and in the second, playing frisbee with a friend.




This time my family invited a few friends and shared a delicious meal together. My dad grilled carne asada and burgers while my mother whipped up some fresh guacamole and nopales. Of course the traditional Mexican meal wouldn't have been complete without the beans and rice to complement the perfectly seasoned tacos. Regardless of how much food I ate, I had to make room for dessert! There was no way I was going to be able to pass up the fruit kabobs and tres leches cake that my friends brought over. 

After eating, many of us sat down to talk, other kicked a soccer ball around, and then all got together to play an incredibly amusing game of "Ninja." For those of you unfamiliar with the game, the object of the game is to not get slapped on the hands by the person next to you. 

Cindy (in yellow) can be seen laughing because she just missed my sister's (in black) move. 

Each person takes turns making "ninja moves" and can either go after the person to the left or the right. The object is to get either person next to you out of the game by slapping their hands, however, you must stay in the position you are in until it is your next turn. 

We had an incredible time, though I'm not surprised! There are so many things to do around campus that it's nearly impossible to be bored. 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment