Sunday, November 25, 2012

SOL Thanksgiving

One the things that I picked up pretty quickly about college students is that they love free food. And while there was plenty of delicious food at our SOL dinner this last Tuesday, I enjoyed the company of my fellow SOL members most.

On Tuesday, right after Thanksgiving break had started, the Student Organization of Latinos got together to break bread as a Rockhurst family. The feast included a tasty turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, scalloped potatoes, and plenty of dessert for our twenty attendees.

I had the priveleg of leading us in prayer before chowing down and we gave thanks for our organization and its incredible members and our school for allowing us to bring our culture to the Rock.

It was a great night and it reminded me of how great it was to be a part of our organization here at Rockhurst. I think it's safe to say that your college experience will primarily take place outside of the classroom. The friends that you make in college are probably going to be your friends for the rest of your life and I'm proud to call my fellow SOL members my friends because we are there for each other and we've proved time and time again that we will be there for one another.

Below are two pictures from our dinner:

These are some of our members going through the line for food. 

This is Adriana and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment