Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feeling incredibly blessed!

Hello everyone!

Today I want to talk to you about "God-incidences".

I'm sure you know what they are...
They are those moments when tiny miracles happen in our lives. When you feel like God has interfered in order for you to go down a certain path or learn a special lesson.

There's no other way that I can explain how I was able to submit an application for a $2,400 just a day after first hearing about it and actually get it.

On Wednesday night, a friend sent me a text message to tell me to pick up an application for first-generation college students. The only catch was that it was due Friday.

This wasn't completely out of the ordinary. I think I'm a natural-born procrastinator and I'm sure I would have procrastinated until a day or two before the deadline regardless of when I first heard of the scholarship.

During my lunch break on Thursday, I hurried to the Financial Aid office and picked up the application. I had to fill out a quick sheet with information, complete a bio, submit at thank you letter and a picture of myself.

I got to work on the bio first and thanks to all of my practice with law school applications--I was done in no time.

I had a friend proof-read it and I jetted over to our printing center to beg them to print a picture for me. I was able to e-mail them a picture and they had printed within five minutes. Next was the thank you note, after my acting class I hurried over in the cold weather to the XL dorms to grab a thank-you note from our SOL room.

I had to re-write the note several times because I kept making mistakes. Luckily, I got it done and submitted the entire application to Deborah in the Financial Aid office.

I wasn't sure how long I was going to have to wait, but I nearly jumped out of my seat when I read the e-mail on Sunday that I had won the scholarship.

It all seemed so unreal to me, but it has taught me to always take advantage of the opportunities made available to me. Some of them will pay off--literally!

Speaking of scholarships, if any of you are reading this and are thinking "Man, I wish I could win a scholarship..."

Check out the Greater Kansas City Hispanic Scholarship fund at:
http://www.gkccf.org/scholarships/hispanic-scholarship-fund

The application is due March 1st and it is incredibly easy to fill out.

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment